1. Hello, this is Ministry of Employment and Labor Counseling Center.
2. According to Article 36 of the Labor Standards Act, when an employee retires, the employer shall pay the wages, compensations, and other money or valuables within 14 days after the cause for such payment occurred.
- If you have not been paid wages etc. within 14 days after you left the workplace, you may file a petition against the employer to the local labor office having the jurisdiction over the previous workplace as below.
※ How to file a petition:
· <Ministry of Employment and Labor website (www.moel.go.kr)→ please go to top left 민원마당 → 민원신청 → 서식민원 → click 임금체불 진정신고서 → you may apply it after sign up and log in> in Korean
· You may submit an application for petition at the local labor office having the jurisdiction over the workplace by visiting in person.
3. We would like to ask your kind understanding that our counseling center conducts general counseling services on labor relations law, system and procedures etc., and we do not have ‘any power to the corrective order against the employer regarding unpaid wages etc by contacting him/her’. Therefore, we suggest you to ask for legal judgement with the local labor office having the jurisdiction over the workplace by filing a pettion on unpaid wages.
4. If you have any questions regarding labor relations law, please call Ministry of Employment and Labor Counseling Center on 1350 (press 4 and 1 for English). Thank you.
By e-mail to