Home > Service and Information > Q&A > Worker

[Q] Letter of release

After giving a formal letter of resignation to my academy with over a month of notice, my boss is saying he will not sign a letter of release. How do I apply for an appeal so I am able to switch to another academy? Also, how long do e-2 visas stay valid after employment status is changed? Thank you!

By Megan Weidle | 2020-01-31


1. Hello, this is Ministry of Employment and Labor Counseling Center.


2. Unfortunately, the Ministry of Employment and Labor is in charge of E-9 and H-2 visa status under the Employment Permit System.

For more information with regard to the letter of release and getting a visa, please contact the Immigration Contact Center of the Ministry of Justice on 1345, or learn more at


3. If you have any questions in regard to labor relations law, please call Ministry of Employment and Labor Counseling Center on 1350 (press 4 and 1 for English).


Thank you.


By e-mail to |
Back to top