Home > Service and Information > Q&A > Worker

[Q] E9 to G1

After withdrawal of my refugee visa application and return to my home country, will I be able to apply for an EPS visa? Thank you!

By Jon | 2020-01-31


1. Hello, this is Ministry of Employment and Labor Counseling Center.


2. Please be noted the Ministry of Employment and Labor is in charge of the employment for E-9 and H-2 visa status under the Employment Permit System as follows.


○ First, if a person wants to enter into the Republic of Korea on E-9 visa status, he/she has to apply for Employment Permit System-Test of Proficiency in Korean (EPS-TOPIK), and the requirements for the test as below:


① Age between 18 and 39 years based on the last day for the application;

② No criminal record of punishment with an imprisonment;

③ No experience of eviction or deportation from the Republic of Korea;

④ No restriction (reasons for disqualification) on immigration.


○ After the passing the test, he/she needs to apply for a job at the sending agency of a

    dispatching country; the sending agency shall prepare a preliminary list of foreign job-

    seekers and send it to the Human Resources Development Service of Korea (HRD Korea);

    HRD Korea will certify and determine the list (It is valid for one year from the date of



○ Where a foreign worker accepts a labor contract by an employer in Korea; a written

    employment permit will be issued to the employer; the employer shall apply for

    certificate for confirmation of visa issuance (CCVI) with immigration office under the

    Ministry of Justice. Also, the foreign worker may get a visa in accordance with CCVI.


3. In addition, E-9 and H-2 visa status under the Employment Permit System shall be applied to

    foreign workers from the countries based on MOU with the Republic of Korea.


 4. Therefore, we would like to ask your kind understanding that it is difficult to answer to

     your inquiry whether you may get a visa under the Employment Permit System or not.

    For more information with regard to getting a visa, please contact the Immigration Contact Center of the Ministry of Justice on 1345, or learn more at


5. If you have any questions in regard to labor relations law, please call Ministry of Employment and Labor Counseling Center on 1350 (press 4 and 1 for English).


Thank you.


By e-mail to |
Back to top