1. Hello, this is Ministry of Employment and Labor Counseling Center.
2.. According to Article 43 of the Labor Standards Act, payment of wages shall be directly made
in full to employees in currency: Provided, That if otherwise prescribed by statutes or by a
collective agreement, wages partially be deducted or may be paid by means other than currency.
- If the deduction of deposit is not prescribed in a labor contract and it was deducted without
employee’s consent, it will the violation of the provision on wages shall be directly made in full to
- You may ask for legal judgement at the local labor office having the jurisdiction over the
- However, if an employee has agreed with the deductions from his/her paycheck, it shall be
an agreement of claim-obligation relationship under the Civil Act, not the Labor Standards
※ How to report unpaid wages(optional):
① You may report it by visiting the local labor office having the jurisdiction over the workplace;
<Ministry of Employment and Labor website (www.moel.go.kr)→ please go to '기관소개' on the top and select ‘찾아오시는 길’ → click ‘조직안내’ on the menu bar and refer to ‘소속기관’ > Korean version
<Ministry of Employment and Labor website (www.moel.go.kr) → please go to 민원마당 클릭 on the top left → 민원신청 → 서식민원 → click 임금체불진정신고서 → You may apply it with log in after sign up or with the authorized certificate> Korean version
3. For further inquiries with regards to labor-related laws, please contact Ministry of Employment and Labor Counseling Center at 1350 (press 4 and 1 for English).
By e-mail to email@example.com