1. Hello, this is Ministry of Employment and Labor Counseling Center.
2. If a worker retires, an employer shall pay the wages etc. within 14 days after the cause for such payment has occurred. (Article 36 of the Labor Standards Act)
- If not, the worker may file a petition against the employer to the regional labor office having jurisdiction over the previous workplace.
3. As the statute of limitation to exercise a claim for wages shall be three years, if you have not been paid currently, you may file a petition as below.
○ How to file a petition:
· <Ministry of Employment and Labor website (www.moel.go.kr)→ please go to 민원마당 on left top → 민원신청 → 서식민원 → 임금체불 진정신고서 → you may apply it after sign up and log in > Korean version;
· You may file a petition by visiting the regional labor office having jurisdiction over the workplace in person;
· When you file a petition through e-People government portal, company name, company address, representative’s name (employer) and contact number etc. shall be specified.
○ Meanwhile, if you are not staying in Korea, you need to designate another person with power of attorney who may file a petition and appear for the inquiry at the regional labor office on behalf of you.
4. If you have any questions, please call us on 1350 (press 4 and 1 for English).
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org