Home > Service and Information > Q&A > Worker

[Q] SVP quality

Polus, my employer did not pay my salaries for April and May. He promised several times to pay and finally he decided unilaterally to terminate my contract, still delaying the payment of April and May to 14 days after contract termination without cause and the date is on June 30.
I doubt he will pay even for June. What should I do, how should I proceed ? I am back in EU this Saturday June 22

By Rigolet Denis | 2019-06-19


1. Hello, this is Ministry of Employment and Labor Counseling Center.


2. If a worker retires, an employer shall pay the wages etc. within 14 days after the cause for such payment has occurred. (Article 36 of the Labor Standards Act)


  - If not, the worker may file a petition against the employer to the regional labor office having jurisdiction over the previous workplace.


 3.  As the statute of limitation to exercise a claim for wages shall be three years, if you have not been paid currently, you may file a petition as below.


 ○ How to file a petition:

· <Ministry of Employment and Labor website (→ please go to 민원마당 on left top → 민원신청 → 서식민원 → 임금체불 진정신고서 → you may apply it after sign up and log in > Korean version;

· You may file a petition by visiting the regional labor office having jurisdiction over the workplace in person;
· When you file a petition through e-People government portal, company name, company address, representative’s name (employer) and contact number etc. shall be specified.


  ○ Meanwhile, if you are not staying in Korea, you need to designate another person with power of attorney who may file a petition and appear for the inquiry at the regional labor office on behalf of you.


4. If you have any questions, please call us on 1350 (press 4 and 1 for English).


   Yours sincerely

By e-mail to | 052-702-5170
Back to top