Dear Foreign HR managers and Workers,
This is the National Labor Consultation Center.
For your understanding related to 40 hour work week system introduction to workpalaces with 5 workers ~ 19 workers , we would like to inform you of the Minimum wages for this year as follows.
INFORMATION ON THE MINIMUM WAGES FOR THE YEAR 2011
2011년도 최저임금 안내
□ Period of application: Jan. 1 2011 ~ Dec. 31 2011
적용기간 : 2011.1.1~2011.12.31
□ Minimum wage
○ Hourly wage rate : 4,320 won, daily wage rate( on a 8-hour basis): 34,560 won
시급 4,320원, 일급(8시간 기준) 34,560원
○ - In the case of 40 hours per week(209 hours per month) the monthly wage
will amount 902,880won.
주40시간제(월 209시간)의 경우 월급 902,880원
I - In the case of 44 hours per week(226 hours per month) the monthly wage
will amount 976,320 won.
주44시간제(월226시간)의 경우 월급 976,320원
□ Target of application : every business or workplace employing workers
적용대상 : 근로자를 사용하는 모든 사업 또는 사업장
○ Workers whose minimum wage can be reduced
감액 적용 근로자
- Apprentices: his/her minimum wage may be reduced as much as 10% up to
3 months (hourly wage rate : 3,888 won)
수급근로자 : 최장 3개월간 10% 감액 적용 가능(시급 3,888원)
- Surveillance or intermittent workers( when approved by Minister of
Employment and Labor):
감시단속적 근로자(고용노동부장관 승인시):
Minimum wage can be reduced as much as 20% (hourly pay: 3,456 won).
20% 감액적용가능(시급 3,456원)
○ Workers who are not applied the minimum wage
- A person who has remarkably low abilities to work due to a mental or
(when approved by the Minister of Employment and Labor).
정신, 신체 장애로 근로능력이 현저히 낮은 자(노동부 장관 인가시)
- An employee who works for the workplace which employ only
relatives living together or domestic workers.
동거의 친족만을 사용하는 사업의 종사자 또는 가사사용자
- A sailor who is subject to the seamen law or an owner of ship
선원법 적용 받는 선원 및 선원을 사용하는 선박의 소유자
□ Liability of the employer
○ Liable to pay above the minimum wage to the employee.
최저임금액 이상 지급의무
- An employer shall pay the workers at least the minimum wage rate or
more. And no employer may lower the previous wage level on the
ground of the minimum wage.
사용자는 적어도 최저임금액 이상의 임금을 지급하여야 하고 최저임금을 이유로 종전
임금수준을 저하하여서는 안됨
- If a labor contract provides for a wage that is less than the minimum
wage rate, it shall be considered to stipulate that the same wage as
the minimum wage rate shall be paid.
최저임금액에 미달하는 임금을 지급하기로 근로계약한 경우, 최저임금액과
동일한 임금을 지급하기로 한 것으로 간주
○ Obligation of notice of the minimum wage to the worker
근로자에 대한 최저임금 주지 의무
- - An employer shall inform the workers of minimum wage rate, wages are not
included in the minimum wage, effective date, and workers being excluded
from the minimum wage Act.
사용자는 최저임금액, 최저임금 미산입 임금, 효력발생일, 적용제외근로자에 대하여
○ In the cases of the following, a contractor shall take responsibility for violating
Minimum Wage Act jointly with the subcontractor.
도급인이 최저임금법 위반의 연대책임을 지는 경우
- - As for determining the unit labor cost lower than the minimum wage at the
time of the signing of the contract;
도급계약 체결시 인건비단가를 최저임금액 미만으로 결정한 경우
- As for lowering the unit labor cost to below the minimum wage in the
middle of the contract period.
도급계약 기간중 인건비단가를 최저임금액 미만으로 인하한 경우
※ HOW TO ESTIMATE IF THE MINIMUM WAGE IS FULFILLED
○ Convert the total wages excluding the below wages and allowances into hourly
① wage which is not paid regularly more than one time per month(such as bonus)
○ How to calculate the monthly salary based on the hourly pay:
40-hour work week ⇒ Calculated wages ÷ 209 hours
※ EVEN THOUGH THE STATUTORY WORKING HOURS ARE REDUCED THE
○ ○ If working hours are reduced to 40 hours per week, the minimum monthly
○ ○ When minimum monthly wage in 2012 is raised, the minimum monthly